You don’t have to be a sporty person or a performer to benefit from #sportsmassagetherapy – this therapy is great for everyone, even the most avid couch potato!! Helps to relieve #stress. Can help reduce #anxiety. Can manage #lowbackpain. Can aid #postsurgeryrecovery and so much more. Our Sports & Remedial Massage Therapist @nicolalouisestt is very busy but happy to open more treatment appointments when necessary.
Call our Thurrock clinic on 01375 678877 for more details or to book an appointment.
Following the guidelines of Public Health England and the NHS websites we want to reassure all our patients that your safety and that of your family are our top priority and as such we have introduced some even more stringent hygiene arrangements than usual. We know that all our patients will be happy to comply – please see below:
Clinics will continue as normal for the time being although there may be a few slight changes to times. If we all adhere to government guidelines and restrictions we will get through this together.
1. Chilli Peppers help Your Immune System
Due to their high content of vitamins, specifically Vitamins A and C, Chilli peppers have long been valued as a powerful immunity booster.
2. Chilli Peppers help to ramp up your metabolism. Capsaicin is the compound that is the source of a Chilli pepper’s spiciness. It is an alkaloid compound found primarily within the seeds and veins of a pepper, and it seems to be a veritable fount of good health. It is thought that the heat you experience as you eat the Chilli can also increase your body temperature. Known in the scientific community as thermogenesis, this production of heat requires increased work from your metabolism.
3. Chilli Peppers could be enhancing your Heart Health. The benefits of capsaicin don’t end with metabolic support. This amazing compound has been shown to help in the reduction of cholesterol and triglyceride levels while reducing the risk of blood clot formation. Reducing these risk factors in your cardiovascular system translates into lowered risks of suffering a heart attack, stroke or deadly blood clot.
4. Chilli Peppers could be reducing body wide inflammation. Capsaicin seems to be a sort of Jack-of-all-trades in relation to the health of human body, supporting and maintaining the health of nearly all of our major systems. It has been shown to be a powerful anti-inflammatory, actually inhibiting the action of certain peptides in the body that cause irritation and swelling. Pain, such as arthritis, headaches, sinus pressure and muscle and joint aches, are usually caused by inflammatory responses that your body produces in an attempt to eradicate an irritant.
5. Chilli Peppers – helping to fight against Diabetes.
Research has shown that eating meals containing Chilli peppers can be highly beneficial for those suffering from diabetes. It seems that Chillies reduce the amount of insulin needed to digest food, translating into a lowered overall level of blood sugar. This reduction in insulin production also helps to reduce the strain on the liver, leading to a more fully functional enzyme cascade within the digestive system.
With people embracing new diets for the new year, we thought it was important to explain the health benefits of some foods that can be easily added into your cooking, so here is the first in our mini series created by our osteopath James.
1. Help fight colds and sickness. A 12-week study found that a daily garlic supplement reduced the number of colds by 63% compared to a placebo.
2. Could be beneficial in reducing blood pressure. Some studies have found garlic supplements to have a significant impact on reducing blood pressure in people with high blood pressure.
3. It may help lower cholesterol. Studies have demonstrated a reduction in total and/or LDL cholesterol by about 10–15%.
4. Garlic contains antioxidants that support the body’s protective mechanisms against oxidative damage. These antioxidants may reduce the risk of common brain diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
5. Could help maintain health bones. rodent studies have shown that it can minimise bone loss by increasing oestrogen in females.
Cupping can be used to find the zones causing pain and stiffness and relieve them of their stagnation. These marks are textbook for localised pain and typical of someone suffering from Fybromyalgia. They’re not too dark or densely speckled and you’ll notice not every placement produced the marking… Followed up by some Tui Na (Chinese massage) . The relief a patient feels post treatment is extraordinary! A patients words after treatment today were “I feel so much lighter and free”
This patient used to see our Acupuncturist Laura Jones every week for 6 weeks to manage her symptoms then gradually spaced treatment out so now she is seen once a month. Acupuncture and cupping isn’t painful.
These marks will slowly fade as the body removes the waste and allow for better blood flow therefore less painYou can make an appointment to try cupping or acupuncture or both!
Your body works as one whole complex piece! We have the tendancy to compartmentalise our bodies and focus on one bit at a time when there’s an issue. Often at times forgetting that emotion strongly affects physiology and that our organs feel stress too!
Where do you feel your worry? Fear? Joy? Anger? Grief? As just one example – you might feel “sick to the stomach” with worry….
Think about how you experience health and illness and view your body inside and out as a whole system
Following on but on the same theme here’s a fun image showing the names of muscles! All of which work well as a team. You’re never really using just one! And they need smooth functioning fascia, tendons and ligaments too. Keep your system running at its best.
Call one of our clinics or email to find out how our skilled practioners can care for your whole body. You really don’t need to suffer.
Chronic pain conditions affect you in more ways than one. Managing life with conditions like Fibromyalgia, ME, AS and Arthritis can really start to dampen your spirits and get you into a vicious negative cycle.
Integrated acupuncture (TCM/5E) covers all aspects of YOU not just your condition
If you want to get out of the loop and find out some more book an appointment with skilled Acupuncturist Laura Jones for a free consultation.
Contact our Thurrock clinic on 01375 678877 or Thundersley, Benfleet clinic on 01268 774249.
Cedar Hall Osteopathy, Acupuncture, Physiotherapy & Sports Injury centres are family clinics where people of all ages, from infants through to the elderly are treated for a wide variety of conditions. Our practitioners regularly collaborate on cases to ensure you are provided with the best possible hands on treatment for your individual needs. Through effective manual therapy, rehabilitation & prescriptive exercise we aim to help you with your health & fitness goals. We have clinics in Benfleet & Thurrock, Essex
We are here to help reduce your pain, improve your mobility, restore function and get you back to doing what you love.