Tag Archives: pain relief
If you’re suffering from a painful condition like #sciatica #tenniselbow #frozenshoulder #headaches #musclespasms #fibromyalgia #backpain #neckpain # #sportsinjuries #arthriticconditions #strains #jointpain #footpain #anklepain and many more, give us a call or perhaps just book a Diagnostic Assessment on line. You could be saying goodbye to that pain!!!
Contact our Corringham, Thurrock clinic on 01375 678877 or Thundersley, Benfleet on 01268 774249
🌶️Did you know that Chillies are good for you? 🌶️
1. Chilli Peppers help Your Immune System
Due to their high content of vitamins, specifically Vitamins A and C, Chilli peppers have long been valued as a powerful immunity booster.
2. Chilli Peppers help to ramp up your metabolism. Capsaicin is the compound that is the source of a Chilli pepper’s spiciness. It is an alkaloid compound found primarily within the seeds and veins of a pepper, and it seems to be a veritable fount of good health. It is thought that the heat you experience as you eat the Chilli can also increase your body temperature. Known in the scientific community as thermogenesis, this production of heat requires increased work from your metabolism.
3. Chilli Peppers could be enhancing your Heart Health. The benefits of capsaicin don’t end with metabolic support. This amazing compound has been shown to help in the reduction of cholesterol and triglyceride levels while reducing the risk of blood clot formation. Reducing these risk factors in your cardiovascular system translates into lowered risks of suffering a heart attack, stroke or deadly blood clot.
4. Chilli Peppers could be reducing body wide inflammation. Capsaicin seems to be a sort of Jack-of-all-trades in relation to the health of human body, supporting and maintaining the health of nearly all of our major systems. It has been shown to be a powerful anti-inflammatory, actually inhibiting the action of certain peptides in the body that cause irritation and swelling. Pain, such as arthritis, headaches, sinus pressure and muscle and joint aches, are usually caused by inflammatory responses that your body produces in an attempt to eradicate an irritant.
5. Chilli Peppers – helping to fight against Diabetes.
Research has shown that eating meals containing Chilli peppers can be highly beneficial for those suffering from diabetes. It seems that Chillies reduce the amount of insulin needed to digest food, translating into a lowered overall level of blood sugar. This reduction in insulin production also helps to reduce the strain on the liver, leading to a more fully functional enzyme cascade within the digestive system.
My youngest patient was 7 and my oldest is 86!
Its amazing what acupuncture is capabale of treating safely and effectively. It’s not scary or painful, many patients report an increased sense of wellbeing, a better night’s sleep and a boost of energy alongside the reduction and resolution of the symptoms they came in hoping to get rid of!
It’s rarely just about some little pins, a combination of Tui Na massage and cupping is often involved or can be used solely if preferred…. It’s easy to find out if you’re suitable for Acupuncture by making a diagnostic assessment appointment through our website for just £20 or call the clinic directly.
I have a few spaces for new patients currently which aren’t always easy to come by so don’t hesitate! And if you’re not suitable, referrals to one of my colleagues, back to the NHS/GP or for an MRI can be done if necessary!
Find out more at www.cedarhallclinics.co.uk
January was a busy month for our Acupuncturist Laura Jones – this easy to follow pie chart shows the variety of treatments & conditions she successfully helped her patients to deal with.
Laura is also a skilled at Cupping and Chinese Remedial Massage. She offers 30 minute Free Consultations at both our Thundersley, Benfleet & Stanford le Hope, Thurrock clinics.
A rare opportunity to see all Cedar Hall Clinics practitioners in one place! With clinics in Thurrock & Benfleet they are usually working at one or the other & seldom together. But a recent photoshoot for new website & social media images saw the practitioner team together and includes practice manager Angela Kellman.
From left to right : Sports & Remedial Massage Therapist Emma Hall – Emma is also in her final year of studying for a degree in Osteopathy; Jacki Milne, Clinic Director & Principal Osteopath; Angela Kellman Practice Manager; James di Cicco Associate Osteopath; Sara Lovett, Clinic Director & Principal Osteopath; Kimberley Hughes Physiotherapist; Laura Jones Acupuncturist; Samantha Wilkins Associate Osteopath
With a strong connection to dance & performing arts, practitioners at Cedar Hall Clinics understand the demands on the body both in training & performance.
Common performance injuries treated by our Osteopaths, Physiotherapists & Acupuncturist are:
Neck strain; low back strain; muscle spasm; acute ligament strains; muscle tears; hip injuries; knee injuries and more.
Free assessments available on 01375 678877 or 01268 774249
OSTEOPATHY & THE MUM-TO-BE
Being pregnant is a unique and powerful life experience. It is a time which you can, and should enjoy. During pregnancy your body undergoes immense physical, hormonal and emotional changes.
These changes occur over a relatively short space of time, and your body has to continually adapt to accommodate these changes. Up to 10 kilograms in weight of baby, placenta and fluids may be. carried, putting a fair amount of physical strain on the body. In order for you to adapt to all these changes you have to find new ways to sit, sleep & walk resulting in various aches, pains and discomfort.
Many pregnant women find osteopathy treatments very helpful throughout their pregnancy for pain reduction and preparation for labour. As well as helping to reduce back, hip or leg pain, neck and shoulder discomfort, osteopathy can also help the body prepare for labour and delivery. Many women suffer pain in the groin or lower abdomen with a feeling that ‘something is about to give’ is often diagnosed as Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) or Pelvic Girdle Dysfunction. This can make walking and even moving extremely difficult. SPD is often misdiagnosed in pregnancy and the majority of patients with these symptoms respond incredibly well to Osteopathy
Your osteopath can also:
- Give advice on exercises and stretches and breathing techniques you can do to maintain your health and wellbeing throughout your pregnancy
- Help prepare ‘the way’ for a more trouble free childbirth, by improving flexibility in the pelvis and abdomen
- Help the mother to recover after birth
After the birth you may want to have a mother and baby health check with your osteopath. For mum this will check and correct any remaining strains in the back & pelvis and also help you regain your strength and flexibility. For baby this will address any effects from the moulding process of birth.
If you would like more information our osteopaths will be happy to answer any questions. Call us on 01375 678877 or 01268 774249.
Cedar Hall Osteopathy, Acupuncture, Physiotherapy & Sports Injury centres are family clinics where people of all ages, from infants through to the elderly are treated for a wide variety of conditions. Our practitioners regularly collaborate on cases to ensure you are provided with the best possible hands on treatment for your individual needs. Through effective manual therapy, rehabilitation & prescriptive exercise we aim to help you with your health & fitness goals. We have clinics in Benfleet & Thurrock, Essex