We don’t ask you to pay in advance or get you to sign up for a series of treatments. If you’re better after 2 or 3 appointments – we’re happy. So to discover how Osteopathy might work for you, talk to one of our practitioners about your symptoms / pain /discomfort. A free assessment is just a call away – or book on line or via this FB page. www.cedarhallclinics.co.uk
Tag Archives: fitness
With many years’ experience Cedar Hall Clinics in Thurrock & Benfleet provide the highest quality osteopathy & physiotherapy healthcare for all your family and are friendly, professional and thorough. We have treated so many thousands of now fully recovered patients over the years & we want to help you break that cycle of pain. Our practitioners are all specialists in their field and will ensure you get the correct treatment to facilitate a rapid recovery.
We are committed to providing a great service right from your initial assessment through to the completion of your final treatment.
Whether your interest in sport is professional or for pleasure, it’s frustrating if injury stops you participating or impairs performance.
If you are suffering from any pain or discomfort in your muscles, bones or joints we have treatments to restore your health & fitness. A free assessment will help you decide how best to get you back to optimum physical condition as soon as possible.
Every body needs a good mechanic once in a while – so if your body parts need an MOT come and see us at one of our clinics in Essex. www.cedarhallclinics.co.uk
With a strong connection to dance & performing arts, practitioners at Cedar Hall Clinics understand the demands on the body both in training & performance.
Common performance injuries treated by our osteopaths & physiotherapists are:
Neck strain; low back strain; muscle spasm; acute ligament strains; muscle tears; hip injuries; knee injuries and more.
Jumping Into Spring – with care!!
Pain Free Gardening
There is definitely a buzz in our reception areas at the moment. Even though the wintery weather is stubbornly clinging to life, there is a touch of Spring in the air and our many gardening fans are raring to go!
Gardening can lead to problems though:
- Low back pain & wrist stiffness from digging, raking, lifting, weeding and prolonged use of shears
- Neck & shoulder pain from pruning and maintaining a hunched over position for too long
- Sore joints from bending down in the same position without break
- Sore fingers from gripping the various tools of the trade.
Here are a few simple tips that may well help you to enjoy pain free gardening:
- A few stretches before gardening can help prepare your body for action!
- Vary your posture & stretch while you’re working – it’s great for blood flow. A static posture can lead to muscle spasm or cramp.
- Bend from the knees and hips when lifting or bending – this keeps muscle strains at bay.
- Don’t over do it! Sounds simple but so many gardeners fall prey to aches, pains and injuries through not pacing themselves and ripping into a project. Allowing time for a task is key.
- Drink plenty of water thus replacing fluids lost through sweating.
- Take time to stretch immediately you have finished your gardening session. This will restore your body balance and iron out those nagging knots whilst your muscles are still warm and flexible.
Enjoy your days in the garden!
It’s always exciting to go on holiday, especially when there’s challenges to be overcome. Sadly things don’t always go according to plan and we come a cropper. Fear not – your pain may be only temporary & non serious. Take things easy and get to your osteopath’s clinic as soon as you can. www.cedarhallclinics.co.uk